Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Boston Day 1

Greetings from Boston. I got here late last night and had a day packed full of sight seeing, walking and seeing a bunch of stuff that I never got to do when I was here on my mission. It is kinda cool and strange all at the same time. Going to some different parts of the city that I never got to see have helped me realize that there is a whole other Boston that I never knew. We spent much of the morning on the freedom trail. I never got to do any of that while I was here and since I love history so much it was pretty fascinating for me to hear and see a lot of the historical sights. Interesting how some of the stories that we were told growing up are quite far from how things really shook down in history. I had heard bad things about the USS Constitution stop, but I was really glad that we stopped there and took the guided tour. Very cool stuff. We ate at a great Italian place in little italy on the north end. It was really good. Later we took a walk through the common and the park and then down newbury street. We packed in a lot and had a great day.
Tomorrow is the big Red Sox game at night, and during the day we are going to go across the river into Cambridge and Belmont to see Harvard and some other cool stuff. Ill give you more updates on that tomorrow unless I dont get to update because of our late night travel to NYC.
Here are a few pics.

Bunker Hill Monument

Boston

First Boston City Building

3 Comments:

Blogger Booster and BigNanaO said...

Thanks for the update. Glad you're being able to pack in a lot of sightseeing. Hope tomorrow is as great a day for you. How can ya miss when you get a chance to see the game from the monster wall. Hope you'll be able to find someplace to park your behinds so you don't have to stand through the entire game.

10:33 PM  
Blogger becca schwartz said...

laner! so so fun. i'm so happy that you're out in boston. i love that place. it's amazing. it's so cool that you're getting to explore your mission too. i can't wait to go back to ukraine to do the same thing in the cities where i served. have so much fun, friend! i wanna read about all of your adventures! loves.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Rhett Olson said...

That is a packed day! Thanks for sharing.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home