Monday, February 25, 2008

Tour: Day Three

Today was Sunday and we had a nice chance to relax a little on tour. We went to church with our individual host families and I think the majority of us got to sing in sacrament meeting. Brother Smalley is the bishop in the ward we attended and spoke during our meeting as well. He gave a great talk. After church I got to take a great nap until it was time to eat and go to the fireside. The fireside that we had was well attended and very spiritual. My song went really well and I had a woman come up after the show and tell me a story about how she really needed to hear that song because her husband, who was a local police officer had just been killed and she was having a hard time dealing with that. She said that it was very comforting for both her and her daughter. Her name was Shelley Lamping. I am glad the song was able to help her. I also met another girl who I thought I recognized, turns out I had met her at the KMB during MDT auditions. She was a really sweet girl and said that she planned on traveling around and bringing lots of her friends to our other shows in the area.

Pictures are still not uploading. I will continue to try.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni Coberly said...

Keep the travel log going. It's a lot of fun to see what you are up to from day to day! I hope you are enjoying CA!!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Booster and BigNanaO said...

What a neat experience you had at the fireside. You do sing that song beautifully and Im sure it touches more hearts than you know. What a nice feeling to know that by sharing the talent God has given you, the spirit can be there to help others.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home