Sunday, July 12, 2009

Balloon Launch | Keeping the Tradition Alive

So it has been a tradition in my family for years and years to go to the hot air balloon launch that takes place here in Provo as part of the Freedom Festival for Independence Day. Last year I remember going with the fam and all of the nieces and nephews and instead of watching, I laid down on the grass and took a nice nap. None-the-less, I went and had a good time keeping the tradition alive.
This year was a little bit different. My folks went to Denver to help my sister move and my older brother and his family were at a family reunion, leaving me and my little brother here for the fourth. Even though I had been up a little late the night before, I woke up at 5:15am on the fourth and walked over to the balloon launch. It wasn't because i particularly enjoy the balloons, although it is kinds cool when they all take off, but it was more so to keep the tradition alive.
Traditions are important and as I have been getting older I have started to realize more and more how important some of my family traditions are to me. Anyway, figured I would share a couple pics for my family that didn't get to come this year.





2 Comments:

Anonymous Rhett Olson said...

You're a bigger man than me. I would have slept in. :)

9:03 AM  
Blogger Booster and BigNanaO said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Sorry we werent there, but nice to know that you felt it important to keep the tradition alive. Way to go!

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home