Thursday, September 14, 2006

New Car, Not So New Anymore


I was in a pretty bad auto accident on Monday of this week. Lots of families and friends are calling me the miracle man because I got out of the wreck with just some scrapes and about 15 stitches. It happened on I-15 northbound on my way to work. There was a semi tire in the middle of the road and the truck in front of me clipped the tire which caused it to come toward me. It hit the front of my car and caused me to lose control sending me into the right guard rail. I bounced back on to the freeway and was hit by a cement truck in the drivers side of my new VW jetta. I spun across the rest of the freeway and came to rest against the left guard rail. It was pretty scary. I did remain conscious the whole time and was really lucky to have side air bags in my car. I was rushed to the emergency room by an ambulance and a few hours later was released with minor injuries to my left arm and right hand. It is situations like these that cause a person to reevaluate their future. I feel very lucky and blessed to be alive and just remember buckle up and life is good!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rhett Olson said...

We're glad you're still with us. Can you post more pictures?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Julie Olson said...

Wow. Pretty Smashed up. We were all worried. Amazing to see the car you were cut out of. Glad you're ok. So after re-evaluating your future, what did you come up with? Good luck with it all!

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home