Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Playoff Time!!!



I am sitting here watching the Twins and the Tigers battle it out for the final playoff spot in this years MLB postseason, so I figured it was time for me to sit down and put my predictions out there for this years MLB Playoffs.

October is one of my favorite months of the year. Not because of the changing leaves, the cool crisp air or Halloween, It is the excitement of playoff baseball. As most of you know I am a die-hard Red Sox fan, so I will be the first to admit that my predictions are not free of prejudice. Here we go.

ALDS: One

New York Yankees
vs
Twins or Tigers

Let's be honest, does it really matter which of these teams win this playoff game I am watching. Drawing the Yankees in the first round this year is just bad news. As much as I hate to say it....(Gulp) the Yankees are hot and should have no problem in this series. I am saying Yankees in four.

ALDS: Two

Boston Red Sox
vs
Los Angeles Angels

If History has anything to do with the future, the Red Sox should win this series. There have been many close encounters with the Angels in the postseason, but the Red Sox have always seemed to get the best of them. I am Saying Red Sox in four.

NLDS: One

St. Luis Cardinals
vs
Los Angeles Dogers

I think this is a great matchup. As far as I am concerned, anything could happen in this series. Manny Ramirez has been struggling, but usually has a great postseason, but I think in this case I have to put my money on the Cardinals. Having the one-two punch of Carpenter and Wainwright could be devastating and it never hurts having the best hitter in the league. Cardinals in five.

NLDS: Two

Philadelphia Phillies
vs
Colorado Rockies

I am going to go against the grain on this series and call the Rockies. It is just a gut feeling really. The performance of the Rockies since the All-Star break has been pretty staggering. If they make any sort of a run like they did in the postseason of 2007 then things could get ugly for a lot of people. The Phillies do have a great line-up and will be tough to beat, but I am saying Rockies in five.

Well, there you have it. I guess we will see how things turn out. I will be updating as the playoffs continue. Enjoy playoff baseball my friends!

2 Comments:

Blogger Booster and BigNanaO said...

Great picture, you look like you could be on the team. Sign him up Red Sox! And may all your baseball predictions come true!

3:38 PM  
Blogger Jonny said...

Well, you had the Yankees right :)

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home