Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Roll Tide

Last weekend I was able to take a trip down to Alabama for the Alabama vs LSU game. It was pretty cool to see how different college football is in the south. I went with a big group of people from Jackson Hole, WY and a few of my friends from here in Provo.


The trip was pretty quick and there was a lot of travel time, but being at the game was really something. It was awesome to see how big of an event the game is. Festivities really last all weekend. There were hundreds of thousands of people there tailgating and just hanging out. Tents as far as the eye could see and a hazy mist in the sky from the thousands of grills grillin up some mean food. The stadium was packed an hour before the game to its 95,000 person capacity and there were still thousands of people outside the stadium. The entire stadium was on their feet the entire game. Old and young alike, cheering on the team. I am pretty sure I lost 5% of my hearing due to the lady behind me. How she kept up the scream the entire game is beyond me. The game was close, and when Alabama scored to retake the lead in the 4th quarter the father and his son sitting in front of me were embracing with tears rolling down their cheeks. It was really something. Bama won the game and the the after game festivities began.


All in all it was a great trip and a great experience. It was hard not to be with my Cougars for their win in Wyoming, but I figured I couldn't pass up the chance to see two top ten teams play in the south.


Thought I would share a couple of pictures from the trip.

1 Comments:

Blogger Booster and BigNanaO said...

Thanks for the pictures. Glad you got to experience down home southern football!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home